Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Orgasms of a dial up modem

The noises a dial up modem makes wen establishing a connection, seem to be like the mating calls of birds of some kind.....or may be even screams of ecstasy, as if the modem was having waves of orgasm.


U might feel like askin....y n wat made me think dis way?

Last week, I was disgusted with the IT dept and the their tall claims......they provide us with 24*7 internet "suffering"(no this is not a typo.....this wat the IT dept had used to describe their selfless service in one of their sermonizing mails). I missed my ghar ka conxn....unlimited downloads(ah!! downloads, dats sumthn every MICAn craves for), great speeds n all. In that nostalgic moment, I went back to the late 90's wen I started using Internet at home.


The good old dial up conxn......the whole ritual of getting connected was so enchanting....type in ur username password....wait for the modem to start up.....mate with the ISP and then wen it had had its sweet release....u cld start surfin.

The wait was so gripping, I wld keenly listen to every note the modem crooned and tried to make sense of it. I wondered if it was trying to talk to me? If it was trying to tell me a tale?


Sometimes I wish we dint have so many technological advances and that time could stand still, but then I quickly snap out of it, I need my download speed, want my mp3s and softies in a jiffy.

But then again, I'm at MICA................hafta deal with BLOCKED DOWNLOADS


"

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved


While trying to retrieve the URL: http://download.com/

The following error was encountered:

  • Access Denied.

    Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is IT_DEPT.


Generated Thu, 09 Aug 2007 07:48:02 GMT by rel.relsurf.com (squid/2.5.STABLE6)

"



The dreaded page.

4 comments:

Samhita said...

tuuuu trrrr..te te te te....crinnnnnnn...

i used to croon with the connection...and could also make out when it would get connected n when not...jus like u kno when your mate is ready for you...and when you need to wait patiently and listen to him talk out all the complains of the day!!!
awesome analogy AK! :)

[[ Demon ]] said...

Ahem, you're so horny right now, I can tell! =)) WTF! LOL. HAHA!


Just kidding man..

And oh..I'm there to transfer the mp3s and softies, no worries. :>

Other than that.. no comments. :|

Sincerely,
Mr.Obtuse.

jedi said...

would second the "error page" statement. loved ur musings on the modem 'calls'. nice one.

Akshay said...

@jedi....

thnx man