Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MICAcophony

I've been a MICAn for just three days now, yet I've imbibed the basic funda/tradition of MICA.

Everything must have MICA in its name.


Anyways let me begin from the very beginning.

Landed in Ahmedabad on the 20th, got registered,checked into the hostel,finished all the other formailities.

First thing you notice about the campus is the greenery, has manicured lawns, huge trees, its like a mini forest reserve with all kinds of reptiles, birds,amphibians,canines(the official dog roxie; a german shepard is a delight to be with thou) et al.

Also me being from an engineering background, its kinda strange(in a nice way) for me to see so much of the fairer sex. Its a good change from the shitty engg life and I hope things dont eva get back to the earlier state.

My room is a lil small but comfy, so im doin fine here, just the heat is a lil unsettling. The food too is good here.

Have lotsa places to eat (:D me is very very haffy abt dis),the mess, the chota canteen and the Micafe.

Have a few musicians in our batch so lotsa impromptu jam sessions happen. Thats good fun. Hope one of them can teach me an instrument.

Well the programme began on the 21st with the directors address, n the rest of the administrative mumbo jumbo. The classes actly started on the 22nd. The first session was an ice breaker excercise and was really fun, we were all asked to assemble in the auditorium, then we did crazy ass stuff, paired up or split up into groups depending on the task. We hopped around put on skits.....was fun.

we were told 2 things "MICA mein kabhi raat nahi hoti" dats pretty much how it is...at any point in time ull eider hear music from some room or find someone walking around the campus. And "MICA mein kabhi bhi kuch bhi hosakta hai".

And since then its been classes classes and more classes with a few assignments thrown in just for fun. French class has been a good monotony breaker.


Although we did have a movie screening tonite(watched russell peters before that).

Now all that I need to do is get myself a local mobile connection and a guitar.

5 comments:

[[ Demon ]] said...

Happy for you, good to know..all is well.
Engineering life was shitty, but there were certain good times that we had, I guess?
The opposite sex..ooh yeah..you know what to do. ;)
haha.
I hope this is that perfect-ish 'campus life' that you always wanted.

Cheers!
Sincerely,
Mr.Obtuse.

Akshay said...

hehe...firstly thanx 4 being the only who actly cares and takes the pains to comment


Yeah only time will tell about life at MICA....it sure will be fun.... just how much is wat needs to be seen

[[ Demon ]] said...

Anytime..bey!

It's no problem, definitely..no pain..I like commenting..on your blogs..somebody has to give you..some inputs na..:P
Who better than me?..:D

It'll be pretty cool, I can tell.

No worries, keep doin' your thing. ;)


Sincerely,
Mr.Obtuse.

Quicksilver said...

makkade. enjoy kar !! say hi to phalgun. and yeah,keep the news comin. see you wen u get back for that break

Apurupa said...

i want roxies pics n :') haffy?